Stansted Airport – Divert Stand
Client: Stansted Airport
Main Contractor: Galliford Try
Project: Divert Stand
Works: Construction of Aircraft Divert Stand
Duration: 8 Weeks
The project at Stansted Airport included the construction of a new Code 4E Aircraft Stand and Lead On/Off. The project included the following items completed by TAG Construction Ltd.
- Installation of shuttering and formwork
- Placement of 8500m2 of 175mm thick Dry lean concrete
- Placement of 8000m2 of PQ Concrete
- Prepare and Place Reinforced PQ Taxiway service crossings
- Form a Channel for a new Gatic Slot drain
These works had to be carried out over a short period of time. The programme was achieved with time to spare. All of the concrete was hand laid.