M54 Bay Replacements – Area 9
Client: Kier Highways
Project: M54 Rapid Set Concrete Bay Replacements
TAG were contracted to carry out 40no bay replacements on the M54 Motorway between Junctions 3–2 eastbound over two 48 hour weekend possessions.
As part of the project build up TAG assisted with the design, planning and risk
mitigation for the works to ensure minimal disruption to the local area.
Originally the scope was to replace 30no bays on 4weeks of weeknight
closures however with ECI TAG’s expertise allowed open planning to ensure
TAG were able replace 40no bays for nearly half the cost over a much shorter
period resulting in reduced impact on the local area and cost saving on TM,
Supervision and overheads whilst removing the risk of overrun to rush hour
- As part of the package of works TAG supplied and managed all of the
required resources apart from the road closure including the following;
- Supervision and management of the works.
- All Labour, Plant and Equipment, floor saws, coring
- Specialist sub-contractors and sweepers
- Waste Disposal, grabs and artics
- On site Welfare facilities and lighting
- Specialist Fast Setting concrete Volumetric trucks
- On and off site testing of sub base and concrete